COVID-19 Practice Update – Autumn 2020
Dear Farming Clients,
In this period of change we have been working hard to keep our staff safe and make sure that we can continue to deliver the necessary and essential services to our farming clients to enable them to look after their animals.
As a practice we have made changes where possible to enable our vets and the office team to work from home as required.
Please see below a summary of where we are currently.
- The practice is open.
- We are carrying out all necessary work on farm , and all emergencies will be responded to.
- The vets continue to work from home to minimise any contact with each other and to maintain social distance.
- The office is now staffed each day.
- We continue to ask all farmers to be open and honest about anyone being ill on the farm when we call before a visit.
- On arrival to farm we ask that a bucket of clean water is available for our vets so as they can wash their hands and to comply with social distancing measures.
- We ask all farmers to maintain social distance from vets on farm – a distance of 2 meters where possible, or 1 meter minimum with safety precautions in place (masks) should be followed.
- Most importantly, we remind all clients that we must continue to keep both them and our veterinary team safe as we carry out our work.
- Medicine can be picked up from the Mole Valley stores in the normal way.
TB testing updates
- Currently TB testing is continuing and we will ring you in the normal way when your test allocation comes into the practice.
- We are conscious that there may be issues causing a delay with TB testing – these need to be discussed with us and APHA.
We want to make sure that the farming community feel supported in this time. We all play a vital part in getting food onto shelves and we intend to continue supporting our clients throughout this difficult period.
As Government advice changes we will continually review our procedures and update you on how this may change our current strategy.
We wish you the best during these changing times. Stay safe and well,
The Molecare Team