Molecare Farm Vets will be running a three-day cattle Artificial Insemination (AI) course from Tuesday 26th – 28th July, 9am – 3pm.
The course, led by our vets, teaches the skills involved in performing AI and will cover:
- Dairy/suckler cows’ cycles, bulling and when to serve
- Anatomy of a cow’s reproductive tract – the vets will conduct a practical session using cadaver uteruses which will assist participants in identifying key parts of the reproductive system
- The importance of how to correctly store and handle frozen semen
- Practical sessions on how to safely pass an AI gun through the cow’s cervix which will enable you to learn where to aim for
- Ultra-sound scan of the uterus to determine where the semen has been deposited
- Understand the regulations governing AI in the UK
- The course is DEFRA approved
There will be an AI technician on hand to teach you tips and tricks on how to avoid common AI mistakes. Each day is a mixture of theory and practical technique and on the last day there will be a mini exam. If you would like to join for the purpose of a refresher course, you can attend two days at a reduced price.
The course will be hosted on a farm in Devon and will be determined based on the location of attendees.
Places on this course are limited to ensure participants receive as much individual time with the vets and AI technician as possible.
The cost of the course is £500+VAT, and lunch and refreshments are provided.
For more information or to book please call 01392 347240 or email [email protected]
Comments are closed.